If you have everything you need already, great! Let’s get started on the best way to mount your TV on the wall.
1. Decide where you want to position the TV. Viewing angles are often important for achieving the best picture quality, so consider your location carefully. Moving the TV after the fact is not only extra work, but it’ll also leave useless holes in your wall. If you have a fireplace, mounting your TV above it is a popular spot for mounting since it’s generally a focal point of the room.
2. Locate the wall studs using a stud finder. Move your stud finder across the wall until it indicates it has found a stud. When it does, mark it with some painters tape so you remember the position.
3. Mark and drill your pilot holes. These are the small holes that will allow your mounting screws to enter the wall. You’ll probably want a partner for this.
• Hold the mount up to the wall. Use a level to make sure it’s straight.
• Using a pencil, make light marks where you’ll drill the holes to attach it to the wall.
• Attach a masonry bit to your drill, and drill holes where you marked using the mount.
4. Attach the mounting bracket to the wall. Hold your mount to the wall and drill the mounting screws into the pilot holes you made in the previous step.
5. Attach the mounting plate to the TV.
• First, remove the stand from the TV if you haven’t already done so.
• Locate the mounting plate attachment holes on the back of the TV. These are sometimes covered with plastic or have screws already in them. If so, remove them.
• Attach the plate to the back of the TV with the included hardware.
6.Mount your TV to the wall. This is the final step! Grab your partner again, as this can be tricky to do alone.
• Lift the TV carefully—with your legs, not your back! We don’t want any injuries ruining the fun here.
• Line the mounting arm or plate on the TV up with the bracket on the wall and connect them following the manufacturer’s instructions. This can vary from one mount to the next, so always read the instructions.
7.Enjoy your newly mounted TV!
And that’s it! Kick back, relax, and enjoy living the high life with a wall-mounted TV.
Post time: Aug-15-2022